By Satish Kandlikar, Srinivas Garimella, Dongqing Li, Stephane Colin, Michael R. King
Heat exchangers with minichannel and microchannel stream passages have gotten more and more well known because of their skill to take away huge warmth fluxes lower than single-phase and two-phase applications.
Heat move and Fluid circulate in Minichannels and Microchannels methodically covers gasoline, liquid, and electrokinetic flows, in addition to move boiling and condensation, in minichannel and microchannel functions. reading biomedical functions besides, the ebook is a perfect reference for somebody fascinated by the layout methods of microchannel movement passages in a warmth exchanger.
- Each bankruptcy is followed through a real-life case study
- New variation of the 1st publication that exclusively offers with warmth and fluid stream in minichannels and microchannels
- Presents findings which are without delay worthy to designers; researchers can use the knowledge in constructing new versions or making a choice on examine needs
Read or Download Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Minichannels and Microchannels PDF
Similar fluid dynamics books
"The textual content can be utilized because the foundation for a graduate direction in any of numerous disciplines which are thinking about shrewdpermanent fabric modeling, together with physics, fabrics technology, electromechanical layout, keep an eye on structures, and utilized arithmetic. .. [T]his well-written and rigorous textual content might be beneficial for somebody drawn to particular clever fabrics in addition to basic modeling and keep watch over of smart-material habit.
"This ebook is meant to provide for the 1st time experimental ways to degree equilibria states of natural and combined gases being adsorbed at the floor of reliable fabrics. it's been written for engineers and scientists from and academia who're drawn to adsorption-based gasoline separation approaches and/or in utilizing gasoline adsorption for characterization of the porosity of reliable fabrics.
Der Band stellt als Erg? nzung zum eingef? hrten Grundlagenbuch Str? mungslehre eine tiefergehende Behandlung des Vorlesungsstoffes dar. Die Einteilung der Kapitel entspricht im wesentlichen der im Band Grundlagen: Hydrostatik, Kinematik, Impulssatz, NAVIER-STOKES-Bewegungsgleichung, Potential-, Wirbel- und Grenzschichtstr?
For the fluctuations round the potential yet relatively fluctuations, and showing within the following incompressible approach of equations: on any wall; at preliminary time, and are assumed identified. This contribution arose from dialogue with J. P. Guiraud on makes an attempt to push ahead our final co-signed paper (1986) and the most concept is to place a stochastic constitution on fluctuations and to spot the big eddies with part of the likelihood area.
- Nonlinear Conservation Laws, Fluid Systems and Related Topics (Series in Contemporary Applied Mathematics)
- Grundlagen der Gasdynamik
- Instabilities, Chaos And Turbulence: An Introduction To Nonlinear Dynamics And Complex Systems
- Advanced Computer Simulation: Approaches for Soft Matter Sciences I
Additional info for Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Minichannels and Microchannels
78) These new expressions for stress and heat-flux terms dramatically complicate the EHE systems. Yun et al. 80) Unfortunately, these Burnett equations experience stability problems for very fine computational grids. , 2001). This set of equations is called the augmented Burnett (AB) equations. Moreover, Welder et al. (1993) have shown that a linear stability analysis is not sufficient to explain the instability of the Burnett equations. , 1995). To overcome this difficulty, Balakrishnan and Agarwal have proposed another set of equations termed the BhatnagarÀGrossÀKrookÀBurnett or BGKÀBurnett (BGKB) equations, which are consistent with the second principle and unconditionally stable for both monatomic and polyatomic gases.
Fluid flow and heat transfer at microand meso-scales with applications to heat exchanger design. Appl. Mech. Rev. 53, 175À193. , 2007. Isolation of rare circulating tumour cells in cancer patients by microchip technology. Nature 450, 1235À1239. , 2010. Isolation of circulating tumor cells using a microvortex-generating herringbone-chip. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107, 18392À18397. 9 CHAPTER Single-Phase Gas Flow in Microchannels 2 Ste´phane Colin Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Applied Sciences of Toulouse, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France Microfluidics is a rather young research field, born in the early 1980s.
These issues are mainly due to rarefaction effects, which typically must be taken into account when characteristic lengths are of the order of 1 μm, under usual temperature and pressure conditions. In this chapter, the role of rarefaction is explained and its consequences for the behavior of gas flows in microchannels are detailed. The main theoretical and experimental results from the literature about pressure-driven, steady, or pulsed gas microflows are summarized. Heat transfer in microchannels and thermally driven gas microflows are also described.