By Ray Meddis, Enrique Lopez-Poveda, Richard R. Fay, Arthur N. Popper
This quantity, Computational versions of the Auditory procedure, has as a structures process the place the point of interest is on experiences which give a contribution to the large photograph of listening to. In impact, the paintings lined during this quantity, and the amount itself, builds an international version of audition. The chapters, instead of concentrating on info of person parts of the listening to approach, tackle the worries of readers and researchers who need to know how the auditory method works as a whole.
- Overview - Raymond Meddis and Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda
- Auditory outer edge; from the pinna to the auditory nerve Raymond Meddis and Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda
- The Cochlear Nucleus - the recent Frontier Herbert F. Voigt and Xiaohan Zheng
- Models of the very best Olivary advanced Todd R. Jennings and H. Steven Colburn
- Auditory Cortex: the ultimate Frontier Jos J. Eggermont
- Computational types of Inferior Colliculus Neurons Kevin A. Davis, Kenneth E. Hancock, and Bertrand Delgutte
- Computational Modeling of Sensorineural listening to Loss Michael G. Heinz.
- Physiological types of Auditory Scene research man J. Brown
- Use of Auditory types in constructing Coding thoughts for Cochlear Implants Blake S. Wilson, Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda, and Reinhold Schatzer
- Silicon versions of the Auditory Pathway André van Schaik, Tara Julia Hamilton, and Craig Jin
About the Editors:
Raymond Meddis is Director of the listening to learn Laboratory within the division of Psychology on the college of Essex. Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda is Director of the Auditory Computation and Psychoacoustics Unit of the Neuroscience Institute of Castilla y León, college of Salamanca. Arthur N. Popper is Professor within the division of Biology and Co-Director of the heart for Comparative and Evolutionary Biology of listening to on the collage of Maryland, university Park. Richard R. Fay is Director of the Parmly listening to Institute and Professor of Psychology at Loyola collage of Chicago.
About the series:
The Springer guide of Auditory examine provides a chain of man-made studies of primary issues facing auditory platforms. every one quantity is self sustaining and authoritative; taken as a suite, this sequence is the definitive source within the box.
Read Online or Download Computational Models of the Auditory System PDF
Similar computational mathematicsematics books
Analytical and numerical approaches to asymptotic problems in analysis: proceedings of the Conference on Analytical and Numerical approaches to Asymptotic Problems, University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands, June 9-13, 1980
A world convention on Analytical and Numerical methods to Asymptotic difficulties was once held within the college of technology, collage of Nijmegen, The Netherlands from June ninth via June thirteenth, 1980.
This self-contained, functional, entry-level textual content integrates the elemental ideas of utilized arithmetic, utilized likelihood, and computational technology for a transparent presentation of stochastic tactics and keep watch over for jump-diffusions in non-stop time. the writer covers the real challenge of controlling those platforms and, by utilizing a leap calculus development, discusses the robust function of discontinuous and nonsmooth homes as opposed to random houses in stochastic platforms.
A part of a four-volume set, this ebook constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the seventh foreign convention on Computational technology, ICCS 2007, held in Beijing, China in could 2007. The papers conceal a wide quantity of issues in computational technology and comparable parts, from multiscale physics to instant networks, and from graph thought to instruments for application improvement.
- Conceptual Structures: Logical, Linguistic, and Computational Issues: 8th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS 2000, Darmstadt, Germany, August 14-18, 2000. Proceedings
- Fuzzy Quantifiers: A Computational Theory
- Introduction to Shape Optimization: Theory, Approximation, and Computation (Advances in Design and Control)
- Computational Frameworks for the Fast Fourier Transform (Frontiers in Applied Mathematics)
- Computational Economic Analysis for Engineering and Industry
- Handbook of Research on Computational Methodologies in Gene Regulatory Networks (Handbook of Research On...)
Additional resources for Computational Models of the Auditory System
The “excess” of intracellular potassium that may result from bundle deflections is eliminated through K+ channels found in the IHC basolateral membrane, whose conductance depends on the IHC basolateral transmembrane potential (Kros and Crawford 1990). Therefore, the intracellular voltage variations produced by transducer currents may be modulated also by currents flowing through these voltage-dependent basolateral K+ conductances. The intracellular voltage is further determined by the capacitive effect of the IHC membrane and by the homeostasis of the organ of Corti.
J Acoust Soc Am 58:214–222. Carlile S, Pralong D (1994) The location-dependent nature of perceptually salient features of the human head-related transfer functions. J Acoust Soc Am 95:3445–3459. Carlile S, Martin R, McAnally K (2005) Spectral information in sound localization. Int Rev Neurobiol 7:399–435. Carney LH (1993) A model for the responses of low-frequency auditory-nerve fibers in cat. J Acoust Soc Am 93:402–417. Carney LH, McDuffy MJ, Shekhter I (1999) Frequency glides in the impulse responses of auditorynerve fibers.
Am J Otol 15:145–154. Goutman JD, Glowatzki E (2007) Time course and calcium dependence of transmitter release at a single ribbon synapse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16341–16346. Griesinger CB, Richards CD, Ashmore JF (2002) FM1-43 reveals membrane recycling in adult inner hair cells of the mammalian cochlea. J Neurosci 22:3939–3952. Guinan JJ (2006) Olivocochlear efferents: anatomy, physiology, function, and the measurement of efferent effects in humans. Ear Hear 27:589–607. Guinan JJ, Peake WT (1966) Middle-ear characteristics of anaesthetized cats.